At Volvo Trucks, the safety and well-being of our staff, clients and partners always come first. We are actively monitoring COVID-19 and are taking the necessary precautionary measures to keep our facilities sanitized. While no cases have been reported at any of our locations, our company is committed to a rigorous and proactive approach. We want to do everything we can to maintain a healthy and responsible environment for all.
As part of our effort to ensure continued and uninterrupted service levels we have reviewed business continuity and recovery plans across the business, these plans include:
· Limited access to our premises for any non-critical visitors
· Limited staff travel
· Reduced face to face engagements with 3rd parties
· Elevated hygiene measures in our workspaces and customers vehicles
· Work from home schedules where possible
· Workload balancing between locations
Please be assured that we are committed to providing a seamless service experience during this period. In this extraordinary time, we endeavour to uphold our service promised to you by taking the following actions:
· Our Workshops and Volvo Action Service teams are fully operational
· Our Sales teams are working remotely should you have an enquiry
· Our Volvo Financial Services teams are working remotely and will ensure all digital measures are in place to secure your transaction
In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, we have increased the sanitization of each of our locations throughout the day, concentrating on surfaces including but not limited to customer & driver lounges, desktops, door handles, washrooms, payment terminals and vehicles. We have also provided extra soap, sanitary wipes and hand sanitizer in high volume areas.
Other precautionary measures we have mandated in our dealership include:
– Our staff must remain at home if they experience any symptoms of COVID-19
– Our Management team continues to review the World Health Organization and reassess all dealer crisis management protocols.
We would like to thank all our stakeholders for your cooperation in these extraordinary times.
For further information, please contact:
Director Marketing and Corporate Affairs
Tel: +27 11 842 5000
Volvo Trucks provides complete transport solutions for professional and demanding customers, offering a full range of medium to heavy duty trucks. Customer support is secured via a global network of 2,100 dealers and workshops in more than 130 countries. Volvo trucks are assembled in 15 countries across the globe. In 2018, more than 127,000 Volvo trucks were delivered worldwide. Volvo Trucks is part of Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. Volvo Trucks´ work is based on the core values of quality, safety and environmental care.